Forest in the Nighttime

In the rainy gloom my eyes open wide-awake with a glint of pleasure and aggression. I leapt out the 2nd story window to a nearby tree and she moaned but ever just a little. I liked when the forest quivered. I could feel them breathing, reminding me that the world vibrated, danced, moved on its own, apart of me and the love, the anger at the apathy was a shared confession between the trees and I. Yet we are humbled by those kind energy healers, glowing in the nighttime and early mornings,opening our windows, letting in the light and dark together. Thank you spirits and alligators that didn’t give up on us, strange humanity, jolting and tremoring our way through crusty lives, 16 medications later in a foggy clown suit, we eat each other
and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment